Wednesday, July 1, 2015

It's just a number

Today I was reviewing our online banking account and noticed that a payment I thought I had scheduled to pay off a credit card was just now being processed. But I knew that I had scheduled the payment almost a month ago, so needless to say, I was upset over what I knew would be a late payment.

I tried calling both my bank as well as the credit card, and there wasn't much they could do (though the credit card company did say that I might be able to have the late fee removed once the payment processed). I was upset about the impact on our credit score as well, as it had been improving a lot over the past few months.

But then I remembered:

It is just a number.

Yes, it was an unfortunate mistake. But the credit score is just a number.

And it is a number that doesn't matter much right now, because we don't plan on applying for any credit cards or loans in the next several years.

I also looked at my daughter and remembered how much more life is than our financial situation. I am looking forward to the day when we will finally be free of student loans, but our life does not have to be on pause until then. Life is happening right now, and there are many things that are completely unrelated to how much we have left to pay on our student loans, or whatever the mistake was on our bank payment system.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...