Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Just checking in



It's been over a week since I posted, and I just wanted to let my regular readers know that I'm still here. I plan to continue blogging, but don't want to inundate you with posts that are there just for the sake of being there. I struggle sometimes with having an online presence because it can be a distraction from having a regular life with real things to do.

About a week and a half ago we had the pleasure of visiting our city's major lake and took in the beauty of the annual tulip plantings. I also fired up the grill for the first time, determined to learn how to barbeque this summer, and canned my first four pints of strawberry jam. Spring is a beautiful season here, and now as the tulips fade away, the irises, day lilies and peonies are ready for their turn to bask in the warming air.

I am tackling a major project in the next couple of months: re-covering our sofa with a drop cloth. I'm not relishing the idea of pulling out hundreds of staples, but it's preferable to figuring out how to sew a slipcover for a camel-back sofa.

What about you? Do you have any projects you are working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...