Sunday, January 1, 2017

December 2016 Update: $69,862.93


Well, the end of the year has finally arrive, and I'm happy to report that we finally broke the $70,000 mark, even if it was just barely! Earlier on in December, I started plugging in bank balances, credit card balances, and other amounts left to pay into a spreadsheet that I use, and realized that we were spending more than I thought we would. I went through everything we had purchased and talked with my husband about it, and we both quickly agreed to try to spend as little as possible on "non-necessities" as possible so that we could stay on budget for the rest of the month. 

In the month of the year that most people spend the most money, this wasn't easy, but we had already purchased our gifts and were on target for everything else.

This coming year, we hope to get down to $57,000. With our monthly interest accruing at about $250 a month right now, that means we have to pay a lot more than $13,000 to get to this place, but I feel hopeful that we can get there.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! And that's really impressive that you had such a frugal December.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...